Monday, February 11, 2008

Baby News

Well, as my friend Stephanie likes to remind me...I still have forever until the baby comes. But I just had a checkup today and found out that I have longer than planned. Apparently, it's standard procedure to do a c-section 1 week before the due date. I know that's early for most of you, but Ty and Hannah were both 3 weeks early (yes, I was spoiled). An extra 2 weeks seems long, and especially because then I risk going into labor (OUCH!!). I don't know how you real women do it- I have made it my mission in life never to experience labor. Hopefully we make it easily to 39 weeks. Labor + c-section is not something I care to know firsthand!!

4 comments:

Brimley Family said...

Oh Jess- I wouldn't worry about going into labor, I am sure everything will be just fine. I am sure your doctor will keep on eye on your progress towards the end there anyway! Is the pot calling the kettle black? I don't see any pics of you on your blog! So you are used to 37 week pregnancies and I am used to 41 week pregnancies. That doesn't seem fair! We don't know when we will bless our baby. It all depends on what the doctor says about rsv, airborne illnesses and how long to keep the baby inside. Loved the picture of Hannah!
Steph

Karen said...

Hang in there Jess, I did not know that Hannah was 3 weeks early. Did you find out what you are having yet?

Brimley Family said...

Hey Jess- I was just curious if you felt the after shocks of the the earthquake yesterday? We felt them here. At 7:15 yesterday morning our house was shaking!

Unknown said...

I am so impressed! I love your website. Now I should be taking lessons from you. COngrats on your baby too!