Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Rachel Mackey...behind the scenes

So, I was so behind posting pics of Rachel that I didn't bother taking time to say anything about her. She was born right here in Mesa, AZ at a scheduled c-section. We were all gung-ho and ready to go when we got a call from the hospital saying that all the beds were full and so our c-section was going to be pushed back. Talk about bummer news!! So after a few hours of waiting, a nap for me...and even a few pretzels (that I had to lie to the anesthesiologist about...apparently he would've pushed back my c-section even further if he'd known I'd eaten anything...WHOOPS!!)- we finally made it to the hospital. Once in surgery- our sweet little Rachel was being a little difficult and was giving the doctors a run for their money. They were doing some serious pushing and pulling, but they had to keep snipping me open more and even had to use this vacuum thing to finally get her out of there. Hopefully this isn't a sign of her having a stubborn spirit (she was only willing to come on her time table!!). The kids spent A LOT of time with my mom while we were in the hospital- but they loved to come visit and see their new baby (Tyler was not happy that she seemed to ALWAYS be sleeping). But we finally made it home and have started to get the hang of having a new baby around. She is an absolute sweet heart. A great sleeper, eater, and an all around good baby. I seem to get easy babies...but sassy toddlers. I guess we all put in our time somewhere!! But we are so blessed to have her in our home. It's weird to imagine our family without her!! She just fits!!! Here are some pics from the hospital!!
Rachel "Debra" Mackey...named after my mom (pictured above), Debra Clegg. When she wasn't taking care of Tyler & Hannah, she was at the hospital taking care of me and Rachel. What a saint!! (I don't know what we would have done without her!!)
My doctor...Dr Damore!! Poor lady had her work cut out for her with this baby!!
Big brother time!!
Hannah loves having a baby around- she just gives her kisses all day!!
Grandma Mackey to visit!! I think this grandchild puts the total around 20...and there's going to be lots more to come. What a posterity!!
My sisters were hovering at my parents house waiting to pounce on the new baby. It was so fun to have them there and so excited to welcome little Rachel into the world.
Daddy and his little girl. He loved just holding her and talking to her!! It was so cute to watch.
Blue feet!! Just thought it was cute!!
Finally heading home...and we were all so excited to leave!! (although I will miss the orange sherbet)

3 comments:

Corinne said...

After I say your blog yesterday and commented I went to my mom's and gave her a hard time about her not telling me you'd had her yet. She told me the whole story. I'm so sorry it was such a rough road. I hope things are going better now. She's so cute! I guess they have to be that cute in the begining so we don't get too upset when they poop on us. :)

Treasure said...

Congrats on the new little girl we are excited to see her. We are also really excited you are back!

Amber said...

Congratulations!!! She is gorgeous and I love the name! You have adorable kids!!!