Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bless Our Ice Cream

So the other day- Tyler and I were on a bit of an outing and on our way home- we decided to swing through McDonald's for an ice cream cone. After getting our delicious looking cones, we were pulling away when I heard Tyler start praying...blessing our ice cream cones. I honestly don't think that it ever occurred to me to bless dessert- but to a four-year-old, it made perfect sense. And I am one who can appreciate expressing thanks for the wonder of the McDonald's ice cream cone...that is some kind of deliciousness!! Way to go Tyler!!

7 comments:

Alisa said...

Perhaps dessert deserves the greatest measure of our gratitude. Duh, Jess!

Brimley Family said...

So cute! When we forget to bless the food, Bailey will remind us! Rachel is a cute little baby! Is it fun to have a baby with hair? I don't think your others had hair or did they? I didn't realize that your C-Section got pushed back. I'll have to call you so we can catch up! By the way the picture on our blog of Bay, Spence, and I in our Cubbies shirt is an old picture. I haven't lost all of my baby weight yet!

The Burnhams said...

Hi Jess!
I am so happy for you and your new sweet baby. That is the cutest story about the icecream blessing. I love keeping up with you!
Love, Karlie

The Gordons said...

How fun! I love your blog! Its always fun hanging out with the Mackey's! Vernon said you were a photographer how fun is that! Now I know one! How exciting! You take amazing pictures by the way! They're so unique and beautiful!

Tiffani said...

Cute little family! What is the deal with us though? I move from Vegas, you move to Vegas. I move from the Dana Ranch Ward, you move BACK to the Dana Ranch Ward. Tag Team! Glad I found your blog. I'll add you to my stalking list.
LOVES!
Tiff Benson

Brimley Family said...

Um, can we say update!

Alisa said...

I am with Stephanie. The ice cream is cute and all, but...I KNOW you have more pictures for us.