Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My Little Fairies

I decided it was time to say goodbye to my Dr. Seuss room and make it just a little more girlie. And what's more girlie than fairies.
I just love fairies...I mean what girl doesn't.
But once I had the theme, I needed the art.
And why go buy Fairy art when I could create my own.
So that's what I did...I make my own little Fairies (with a little help of course)
My sister Brittany came over and helped me make the costumes (and yes, I know they are a little immodest...but they are fairies!! Get over it!!)
Then Vern's sister Shirley came by and helped with Hair and makeup (doesn't Hannah's hair look AWESOME!!). I just love it!!
And could a picture session possible be complete without Grandma & Grampy there to make them smile?!!
This was seriously so fun. And the girls loved dressing up!!
Okay...so maybe Rachel didn't really care (in fact she HATED the headband...which explains the unfairy-like baldness going on)
But Hannah...she was DEFINITELY loving it. Once again- what girl doesn't love fairies (and dressing up like one beats all).
It was so much fun, that we had to carefully explain to Tyler that it really isn't good for boys to dress like fairies too. "But mom, why can't boys be Fairies too?"
"Hmm...because I think boys make better Cowboys! Don't you think?"
"Can I dress up like a cowboy and take pictures then?"
"Absolutely!! Let's do that!"
(we were glad that worked out okay)
Now their room is filled with the cutest artwork of all...pictures of them!!
Like I could have found fairies as stinkin' cute as these two!! (perhaps I'm a little biased)
I sure love My Little Fairies!!

6 comments:

The Neels said...

That is the cutest idea and your fairies look absolutely gorgeous.

Valerie Christensen said...

Love the pictures! You are so creative. And I'm so excited to see of these new posts!

The Williamson's said...

SO CUTE!

rindy said...

very stinkin cute! the pictures turned out so darling! your girls just keep getting cuter and cuter!!!

Jill said...

Jess I can't wait to see the finished bedroom. I have been telling ella for two years that we are going to paint her room. Maybe you'll inspire some grand idea out of me with your incredibly cute fairies.

Jim and Monica McDowell said...

WOW - SOOO Cute! I may need to borrow your talent to take some pictures of my kids soon.