Friday, September 26, 2008

Princess Rachel & Sir Tyler


For anyone blessed enough to have been around Tyler at bedtime (and lucky enough to have witnessed the sometimes painful ordeal) you have surely been begged to tell Tyler and Hannah what we dub a "Princess Hannah" story. This is just a series of made-up tales based on the adventures of Princess Hannah and Sir Tyler (the creativity of the adventures is based purely on the story-teller...and let me just say, Grampy tells one impressive "Princess Hannah" story). Needless to say, although this tradition sometimes saps Vern & I's creativeness, it has blossomed in Tyler this new found love of telling stories. Today at breakfast, I had Rachel sitting in a reclined highchair situated between Hannah and Tyler. And instead of eating his increasingly soggy cereal, Tyler decided to tell Rachel a "Princess Rachel and Sir Tyler" story. I don't even recall what adventures were had (although I do remember Princess Hannah and Sir Vernon making cameos...and what about Her Royal Highness Queen Jessica? I was wondering the same thing). But the cutest part of the whole thing was how Rachel seemed totally transfixed by Tyler. She smiled and cooed and seemed to be completely enthralled by the telling tale of Princess Rachel and Sir Tyler. Judging from her reaction, I wish I had been paying better attention to the story myself!!

2 comments:

Alisa said...

This is a great story. So cute. Looks like Princess Rachel has a crush on Sir Ty.

Mary Ann & Joe Mackey said...

That is so sweet. I love it. You can tell that Rachel loved it too. I hope I get to hear a tale or two of his some day.